LAB: Properties of Ionic and Covalent Compounds
For the upcoming lab, you need to write an introduction. See detailed information below.
Wednesday, September 27th at 9:00 pm. Upload on turnitin.
1. Write a minimum 1 page introduction (see prelab questions)
2. You need to use APA citation https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
3. Format: Type introduction on MS Word or Google docs
- Font: Arial or Times New Roman
- Size: 12p
- Spacing: 1.5
4. Submit on turnitin
Answer the following prelab questions in your intro. Make sure to not just answer the questions individually, but write a proper paragraph including transition words.
Purpose of Lab: In the upcoming lab you will examine the properties of ionic and covalent compounds.
1. What kinds of elements generally form ionic compounds?
2. What kinds of elements generally form molecular compounds?
3. Describe the difference between an ionic bond and covalent bond.
4. Describe the properties of ionic and molecular compounds
- boiling point,
- melting point,