Lab Report Format
Use Introduction document and continue writing.
4 Variables (optional, not mandatory for this lab)
5. Materials (list materials, include quantity)
6. Procedure (include safety precautions)
7. Observation and Data (copy table from worksheet)
- Think to answer why did something happened in the lab
- You need to refer to the data and explain it
- Why did some compounds conduct electricity in water and some didn't?
- Which compounds are soluble in water (and which aren't) and why?
- Which compounds conduct electricity in water, but not without water? Explain why it happened.
- based on the lab data, what properties do ionic compounds have in common?
- Based on the lab data, what properties do molecular compounds have in common?
See this link for more info:
10. Reference page
LAB: Properties of Ionic and Covalent Compounds
4. Submit on turnitin
Monday September 25th
No School :)
Monday October 2nd
Quiz about naming Ionic compounds
-describe the difference between ionic and molecular compounds
- be able to draw Lewis dot diagrams for ions
-be able to draw structural formula
- explain how to name molecular compounds
- define the following terms: molecule, ion, diatomic molecules, cations, anions covalent bond
Every week, I will try to upload a week at a glance to inform you about the content we will be covering. This is not a fixed agenda, changes may apply.