- Explain the difference between sensory reception, sensation and perception.
- Describe the principal structure and function of the human eye
- Describe several eye disorders and treatments (glaucoma,Astigmatism, myopia, hyperopia, cataract).
- How does the lens focusses the light (distant object, nearby object)
- Compare and contrast the functions and location of rods and cones.
- How does visual information get from the retina to the brain? List the main steps in this process.
- Describe the structures and functions of the human ear (outer, middle and inner ear)
- Describe the role of the Eustachian tube
- Describe the structure and function of the organ of Corti (basilar membrane, hair cells, stereocilia, tectorial membrane, high and low frequency)
- Explain how the structures of the inner ear allow for rotational equilibrium (semicircular canals) and gravitational equilibrium (vestibule).