This event begins and ends at the Health Sciences Centre (HSC), 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary. The HSC is part of the Foothills Medical Centre complex.
Please follow this link for the Foothills Medical Centre Campus Map (or see attached pdf):http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/hospitals/maps/hf-maps-fmc-campus.pdf
Limited daily parking is available in the Lot 6 parkade, directly across from the Health Sciences Centre – see attached PDF map of all parking lots. Participants are responsible for their own parking fees. The daily maximum rate for most parkades and surface lots is $14.25. Carpooling, public transportation and drop-offs are recommended alternatives to parking. For those coordinating end of the day travel, this event will conclude at 3:15 p.m.
** Please remember that all participants are asked to BRING A LUNCH and snack items with them for the day. Due to time constraints and limited options it may not be possible for all participants to locate and purchase food in the HSC. A granola bar will be provided to all participants at the beginning of the day.
EVENT DAY REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
1. Registration is in the atrium of the Health Research Innovation Centre (HRIC) from 8:00 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. Once inside the front doors of the Health Sciences Centre you will see signage directing you down the hall to the right to the HRIC Atrium.
2. A series of alphabetically arranged registration stations will be setup in the atrium (e.g. A-C, D-F, etc). Present your registration tag (found in the attached pdf) to the volunteer at the alpha station which corresponds to your last name (or just tell them your name if you forget/lose your tag). There you will receive a registration folder, pen, personalized agenda (name and workshop assignments will be listed on it), and a name tag. Should there be any problems locating your agenda and/or name tag, you will be directed to the nearby help desk where another volunteer will assist you.
1. Please advise of cancellations as soon as possible so that someone from our waiting list might be able to attend.
2. Substitution of a cancelled student by another student from your school is permitted with no advance notice required. However, the substituting student is required to bring a completed consent form, available for download from our website. He/she will be given the original student’s personalized agenda for the day, which can be claimed at the applicable registration station. A new name tag for the substitute student will be written at the nearby help desk. If advance notice can be given, an agenda and name tag can printed in the new student’s name.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
Dress is casual. Wear comfortable shoes as you may be doing a lot of walking.
There are three workshops for which a dress code is mandatory as you will be entering a professional lab environment:
A01: Understanding the Human Body; A02: Medical Skills; and A10: It’s Not the Stork! Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. If in doubt, please wear long pants (or fully covered legs) and closed-toe shoes.
2. Please leave all valuables at home as there is no secure storage area.