Watch the below videos and try to apply some of the tips when studying for the upcoming unit test.
Use the Key book and Quest A+ to study for the test.
Mechanoreception- Touch (p. 427)
Chemoreception- Taste and Smell (p.425-426)
The Pituitary Gland
- identify glands of the body (label diagram)
- describe difference between lipid soluble and water soluble hormones
- define tropic hormone
- describe the structure of the pituitary gland and explain the function of each lobe
- explain the main function of hGH
- explain difference between acromegaly, dwarfism, gigantism, cretinism, grave's disease and goitre
- explain location, structure and function of thyroid and parathyroid glands
- explain the regulation of the thyroid gland by negative feedback
- describe the difference between hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism