- Identify and describe the difference among smooth, cardiac and skeletal muscle
- List the hierarchy of muscle structure
- label a diagram of a skeletal muscle
- describe the mechanism of muscle fibre contractions (actin, myosin movement)
- describe the role of calcium ions in contraction (tropomyosin, troponin, calcium concentration at rest and during contraction)
Not part of the quiz, but important for the final exam.
- describe the three ways how muscles acquire new ATP (creatine phosphate breakdown; aerobic cellular respiration, fermentation)
- explain why an oxygen deficit occurs and how it is overcome