Chapter 8.1 Structures of the Circulatory System
- identify the main functions of the circulatory system
- describe the structures and functions of the heart
- Describe the structures and function of blood vessels
- identify and describe cardiovascular diseases (heart attack, stroke and arteriosclerosis)
- Explain the electrical system of the heart (SA node, AV node, bundle of his and purkinje fibres)
- Explain what is an ECG and what does it show (P, QRS and T wave)
- Explain the difference between blood pressure (systolic and diastolic pressure) and pulse.
- Describe the pulmonary, systemic and coronary pathways.
Chapter 8.2 Blood and Circulation
- Describe the main components of blood and their function.
- Explain the role of hemoglobin
- Describe the blood clotting process
- Explain the functions of blood (transport, homeostatic regulation-vasodilation, vasoconstriction)
- Explain the role of the circulatory system, at the capillary level, in the exchange of matter and energy
- Describe hemophilia and leukemia
- Identify and explain the ABO blood system (antigen, antibody, agglutination)
Chapter 8.3 the Lymphatic System and Immunity
- describe and explain the function of the lymphatic system
- identify the main cellular and non-cellular components of the human defence system
- describe the relationship between B cells and T cells
Chapter 9.1 Overview of the Excretory System
- identify the main structures and functions of the human excretory system (kidneys, urinary bladder, urethra)
- explain the function of the nephron